!. I enjoy cooking with my kids, especially Christmas cookies and fudge! 2. I really enjoy taking my kids ice skating during the holidays. 3. We enjoy riding around the neighborhood looking at the Christmas lights. 4. We enjoy decorating the Christmas tree and adding all the ornaments the kids have made over the years. 5. We always go to the Christmas Eve service at Church as a family. http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-your-favorite-holiday?utm_source=Twittermoms+Member+Newsletter&utm_campaign=724f39330a-TMWN_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email
My favorite gifts to give during the Holidays are thoughtful, hand picked gifts for the person you are buying for. A couple of years ago, I purchased a set of colored pencils at Staples for my sister for Christmas. She was just thrilled because she had recently started drawing again. To make the Holidays less stressful, I try to do as much as possible in advance! I start my Christmas shopping for the next year as soon as Christmas is over.
1. What 5 items are top on your holiday wish list? A laptop computer (for my son) A family vacation to London, we want to do a Beatles tour! A drum set for me, I've always wanted to learn to play the drums! A new desk top computer to share with the family A new mattress for my bed
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? My mother made me a quilt when I was a girl. The pattern is the DoubleWedding ring and it is lovely.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? I have always wanted to try making home made candles, maybe next year!
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? I remember one year I got a beautiful doll with blond hair and she had a silver dress and go go boots, she was my favorite Christmas gift.
5. What items are top on your kids wish list this year? One son would like a laptop computer and the other wants a new amp for his guitar and a new guitar strap.
6. What is your favorite holiday food? I love sweets of all kinds, especially fudge!
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? I am going to try to make some snowflake ornaments for our tree and I would like to try a Martha Stewart craft with glitter and photos.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie? Hands down, my favorite is "A Christmas Story". I just love Ralphie and his family, this movie reminds me of my childhood. I'm sure that why I love it so.
9. Favorite holiday song? White Christmas We Three Kings Silent Night
10. Favorite holiday pastime? Picking just the right gift for loved ones and seeing the look on their faces when they open it, priceless!
Now what is on your list? http://bit.ly/4ikY3c http://www.todaysmama.com/ http://www.cricut.com/holidaywishlist/default.aspx?utm_source=todaysmama&utm_medium=meme&utm_campaign=HolidayWishList_Today%27sMama&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
You can win a Partylite Siena Lights Crushed Mosaic 3-Wick Holder, a Universal Tealight Ring, and a package of Cranberry Delights Tealights. http://www.3garnets2sapphires.com/2009/11/giveaway-review-partylite-siena-lights.html
Win a Men's Casio Wave Ceptor Watch at I Like it Frantic! Casio Men’s Wave Ceptor Watches are water resistant and have an auto LED light and the Neo-brite hands that make it easy for reading in dimmer conditions.
The family traditions that we have observed and are passing on to our children may be a little different from the "norm" . We moved to Texas from North Carolina 25 years ago, when my husband got a job with an airline in Houston. It is very hard to travel on the airline on holidays, especially for employees, so we have spend almost every Thanksgiving away from our families and had to create our own traditions. The area where we live is made up of lots of families in much the same circumstances as we are, so a group of friends and neighbors get together early on Thanksgiving morning to have fellowship and a Turkey fry. We all bring breakfast foods and our turkey to fry. It is a great opportunity to catch up with friends and now that the kids are older and many are in college, it is a perfect chance for them to see old friends as well. The other traditions that we observe have to do with food! We always have basically the same menu which has become a tradition. The only deviation from the menu is in the deserts. Each of the four of our family picks a desert. My youngest son always picks chocolate pie, but the rest of us might choose something different from year to year. While I wish that we could have spent Thanksgivings in North Carolina with our families, we have made our Thanksgivings special and meaningful.
Win a FreeAgent Go from Seagate! I have had some unfortunate computer experiences with the "blue screen of death" and have lost some important information stored on my computer. Backing up your computer is so important. but something I often forget to do. I Like it Frantic is giving away a FreeAgent Go from Seagate.
Shop Online Safely With F-Secure + $150 Amazon.com Giveaway
You can win F-Secure and $150 Amazon Gift Certificate! I am always worried about internet security as most people are. I have had my credit card number stolen, not sure if it was from an online purchase or not but you can never be too careful.