I have been doing this back to school thing for it seems like forever! I have one son in college and the youngest will be a senior in high school this year!
I have learned a thing or two over the years and my top ten tips for saving money are:
1. Stock up during the back to school sales!
2. Take advantage of tax free days.
3. Use coupons, especially on the items on sale!
4. Check with friends and neighbors who have older children who might can pass down books, etc.
5. Resale shops! You can find awesome buys at resale shops!
6. Now is the time to stock up on basics, like socks and underwear while it is on sale.
7. Lots of stores have sales on snack foods. Great for school lunches!
8. Watch the newspaper for great deals on calculators, computers, etc.
9. College students can save lots of money by buying used books.
10. Many college book stores now offer the option to rent books for a fraction of the cost of buying.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples
blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more
information on how you can participate, click here